|Other Relief Efforts and Appeals
- SWATI - Society For Women's Action And Training Initiative - has been providing its relief and rehabilitation work through detailed assessments and appropriate distribtion, so far in more than a hundred villages in the Patdi, Halvad, Lakhtar and Dhranghadra blocks. Of these, 60 villages have sustained over 50% damage to property.
- Tentative Rehabilitation Plan For Gujarat Earthquake Victims from Society for Rural, Urban & Tribal Initiative (SRUTI)
- Self Employed Womens
Association's (SEWA's) Immediate Emergency Operations Donate to SEWA
SAATHI, CRY and GANATAR in Ahmedabad have now decided to meet the food requirements of 5000 families for one month.The following is a list of things that needs to be mobilised. We request you to respond as generously as you can and pass this around to your friends too...More
- Earthquake Affected Relief And Rehabilitation Services (EARRS)
Relief efforts in Kutch and Saurashtra are being biased against the dalit and Muslim victims. Sangh Parivar organisations, in connivance with the State administration are systematically ensuring that these vulnerable groups do not get proper relief and compensation. Complaints have come from dalit and Muslim dominated areas of Bhuj, villages in Kutch, Maliya-Miyana town, villages in Saurashtra. We are planning to compile a detailed report on these discriminations in relief work and represent before the NHRC and State/Central authorities. Any specific grassroots experiences or cases (with details) are welcome. More..
- APARAJITA - VHAI’s Response to Gujarat Earthquake
- Bytes for All- A Voluntary Online Initiative from South Asia, has arranged to trace missing people in Gujarat
Earthquake via online media. An emergency email account
Gujarat_reachout@bytesforall.org has been opened to receive
Please send in details: your friends/relative's
names, mailing addresses, location, phone, fax and email numbers in
Gujarat and we will try to locate the person via community based radio
For this purpose Bytes for All has set up a technical
alliance with Pallavi Raina of indiaquakehelp.com who is running HAM
radio based community network in India. Archana Nagvekar in Goa is
coordinating the project on behalf of 'Bytes for All'.
- IIMA Community Earthquake Reconstruction Effort (IIMACORE)
A group of faculty, students and staff at IIM Ahmedabad has launched a relief and reconstruction effort (IIMACORE) to support the earthquake victims in Gujarat. Also read SRISTI lists the combination of needs at ground zero
- How to Help India's Quake Victims
This article (Feb 1, 2001) on BBC Online provides extensive details on this subject.
- Agencies Aiding Quake Victims
The Associated Press, January 30, 2001